3/12/2019 3:42:00 PM
We have immediate opening for a Virtual Ophthalmic Scribe in the Burlington, MA area!
iScribes, a Nuance business, is a technology-enabled service which provides physicians with an effortless clinical documentation solution, freeing them to spend more time with patients and less time with computers. Our solution changes the lives of doctors and patients, and our close-knit team is dedicated to a mission of making healthcare functional and efficient. To achieve this mission, we are expanding to new specialties and Ophthalmology is a key new focus area.
Virtual Ophthalmic Scribes work directly with ophthalmologists and learn by documenting patient encounters. You listen to recorded patient visits and are responsible for updating the electronic medical record with pertinent, well-written medical history, ophthalmic examination, assessment and plan, findings and procedures, within a clearly defined time line. You will be assigned 2-3 doctors who will count on you as a member of their patient care team! This position is full time with benefits offered. You will work out of the Nuance headquarters in Burlington, MA; however, there may be some flexibility for home-based work. We offer competitive wages with potential for growth and productivity-based bonuses.
• Work requires 2 years of directly related experience for an Ophthalmologist OR certification as an OSC, COA, COT or COMT by JCAHPO.
• You must complete the application and successfully pass the Candidate Assessment.
• You must have a typing speed of at least 50 words per minute.
• You must reside and be authorized to work in the United States.
• You must be able to complete all documentation for a provider’s shift by noon the day following the shift.
Apply Online: https://localeyesite.com/job/ophthalmic-scribe-0312-burlington-ma-35343
<<< Back to Jobs listing
• Excellent listening skills and ability to understand diverse accents and dialects of physicians, their staff and patients.
• Excellent professional writing skills, including advanced proficiency in English grammar and spelling.
• Ability to work under pressure and consistently meet tight deadlines.
• Proficiency with or the willingness and ability to learn medical terminology.
• Ability to speak, read and write the English language fluently.
• Proficiency in the Google suite of products, specifically Google Drive, Google Docs and Google Hangouts.